Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail cover options

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill712

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
US
Okay I have a customer he wants calls to come in to the console, transfer to extension, return back on no answer, and let the receptionist transfer to VM. I only know one way to do that. Use the "Cover VMS off" button on each phone. They are changing the night service to take calls to the general mailbox only.

This guy is pretty much old school, and wants his office to actually have to answer the phone. It works the way he wants it but doesn't want a "button" available for them to use at there discretion. Is there a way to do the same thing without putting a feature button on for them to use.

If I go into centralized programming and program it on a button that they won't have access to, will that work?

I won't be going out there for a day or two so any input or ideas would be appreciated. Like I said the "button" does what he wants but he just doesn't want the button.

thanks as always
Bill

You maybe on to something.

If these are 10 Button sets, assign the feature to button 34.

Then, at the phone, you could activate it by dialing #01.

(Some releases do not allow this.)

You should be able to set the Group Cover Rings for an extension to be LONGER than the Transfer Return Rings (global setting) - then transfers should return to the transferrer (Operator) instead of covering to VM - unless the station is in DND. Since the extension is still in the cover group, the Operator will still be able to use Direct to Voice Mail to send calls to mailboxes.

Tried that TTT the call still went to voicemail. Now I asked the recep if she got the call back and she said no. I tried it again with me standing at the console...the return was set to 4 rings the group cover at the extension was set to 7 rings. Still went to voicemail and didn't ring back to the console. I don't understand why that doesn't work but, apparently if the extension is in a cover group (ie 30) it won't transfer return.

Merlinman I like your idea but what is #01? This legend is a rel. 7.0 ver. 10.0

Let me know guys. I am going to try the transfer return stuff on a little magix we have in shop and see if that works.

Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back