Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Channels all in use in System Status

Status
Not open for further replies.

edbisw

MIS
Jun 3, 2008
Checking System Status, and found under Alarms > Service that "The following system resources are all in use: Voicemail channels" and that this error came up multiple times in a day.

Is this the amount of the Voicemail Pro licenses being exhausted? Or too many PRI channels being used up when people are queued for voicemail?

-Ed

Please list SW levels.

Sounds like it needs a sw upgrade to be honest

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

It is an IP 406 unit which is upgraded to 4.1(9) right now.

-Ed

And VM?

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

Its is a datachannel issue with your builds.
I would suggest upgrading to 4.1.12 and patched vm pro 4.1.4O.2 (This fixes a record issue in IP Office mode VM)

Its a definate fix. I would run this past your Business partner and get them to upgrade you.

Regards

ACA - IPOffice implement
ACA - IP Telephony
CCNA - Passed at last

or they are just all busy and someone else tries to call VM or is transferred to Vm then it will also do it. Do you have to reboot to get it back to working or is this just showing in the SSA

Joe W.

FHandw., ACA, ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Ok, the last post is what I was thinking. I can upgrade them to the latest versions of software, if that is the fix, not a problem. But I am worried it is an indication of licenses being tied up because of the amount of calls and because they use Centralized VM. Or PRI lines being used up...

-Ed

Might want to check and make sure the feature key service is running I had the same problem after the last upgrade...

~Owen

Yep, the Key Server service is running for both switches, and both of them have valid licenses on each one.

-Ed

If the voicemail keeps running and the number of "all busy" is reasonable, it is likely just the number of times that all of your ports were truly in use. If you are also having a trouble with voicemail, such as it stops working, the number may represent something else.
Mike

There is a known problem with the 4.1(9) release regarding data channels not being relased which causes VMPro issue. See IPO Technical Tip No. 199 for more details.

When I experienced this issue I had to reboot the IPO in order to get VMPro functioning again, so this may not be the issue... Sounds like you maybe just need licenses for additional ports, but the tech tip might be worth looking into just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back