Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voicemail Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeMan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
I have a strange situation and I wanted to see if anyone out there has encountered it before; one of our office admins reports that a user "accidentally" got into her voicemail. The system magically glitched when the person pressed their button to go to voicemail and dumped him in her voicemail (at which point he decided to listen to the voicemails). Has anyone ever heard of this? Is it possible that the user pushed a couple of buttons simultaneously and landed in her voicemail? Is this a known bug?

Do you have autologon enabled on that system? Even so, that should only work from the phone that belongs to the mailbox.

Is it possible they entered the wrong mailbox number, and have simple passwords (such as 1234)?

Sorry for the questions, but I've never heard of this one before.

No easy passwords. No autologin.

I'm SERIOUSLY doubting the user's explanation here. If they "accidentally" got into the wrong mailbox, they would have know immediately when the system played their personal verification. They should have hung up and tried again. The fact that they listened to the messages leads me to believe that it was no accident.

Call me cynical if you like....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back