Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Segments

Status
Not open for further replies.

pldconsulting

Technical User
Oct 29, 2004
US
If a Voice segment variable can be created as a Call Variable type, What is the proper Syntax to assign a file segment to that Call variable?

Thanks

You'd still need to define your voice segments as global variables. Then (and I need to test), you would assign a global variable to a call variable. You just can't assign that "raw" voice segment from within a script.

Sandy,

Thank you for your response. What you are suggesting is what I thought as well. When I do this, I get an error stating you cannot assign a SET to a call variable. I have no way of making the voice segement a ITEM only. In the 5.0 Documentation it says the voice segment can be a ITEM or SET, in the 6.0 documentation it says it's a ITEM only. I have tried this using both a 5.0 server and a 6.0 server.

What I am trying to accomplish is this. I am running a SQL statement that is returning 3 character Airport gateways (ie. ATL for Atlanta). I am putting these into "String" call variables. I am then using a "Where Equals" command to assign this String to a voice segment that plays a recording that mathes to airport. I want to use the voice segement Call Variable to play a different recording based upon what is received from the SQL statement.

Have you ever done anthing like this that uses a voice segment as a call variable?

A workaround could be scripting below.
I use an INTEGER call variable 'flag' to play different voice items (in different languages).
First the 'flag' is initiated via the DNIS of the call.
Think in your case this could be a 'string' variable loaded via SQL.
Then play prompt according to 'flag'(or 'string');

WHERE DNIS EQUALS
VALUE 4131: Assign UK to Flag
VALUE 4132: Assign FR to Flag
VALUE 4133: Assign DE to Flag
VALUE 4134: Assign ES to Flag
VALUE 4135: Assign IT to Flag
VALUE 4136: Assign NL to Flag
DEFAULT: Disconnect
Open Voice Session ACC_DN
WHERE Flag EQUALS
VALUE FR: Play Prompt Voice Segment Cust_FR_Main_Menu
VALUE DE: Play Prompt Voice Segment Cust_DE_Main_Menu
VALUE IT: Play Prompt Voice Segment Cust_IT_Main_Menu
VALUE ES: Play Prompt Voice Segment Cust_ES_Main_Menu
VALUE NL: Play Prompt Voice Segment Cust_NL_Main_Menu
DEFAULT : Play Prompt Voice Segment Cust_UK_Main_Menu
END WHERE
COLLECT 1 DIGITS INTO Service_choice INTER DIGIT TIMER 4
End Voice Session

Utreg,

Good suggestion and thank you, however to expand upon this, I need to string multiple voice segments together. In this case, I am collecting multiple airport gateways on each SQL query, an arrival and destination, and this could be up to 4 legs per query.

For each open voice segment command I might include up to 8 call variable voice segments to play the departing and Arriving Airport Gateways. This is why I need to be able to use call variable voice segments

You may be going beyond the design capability of CCMS ACCESS here. Sounds like you need a full-fledged IVR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back