Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Segment - App Builder (Max Seg Length) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sl1input

Technical User
Apr 17, 2006
GB
Hi

I have a Symposium using Call Pilot (App builder) for Voice Segments to play when menu choices are given.

One of the Segments is 2 mins 12 secs long, and when testing by dialing the CDN this msg cuts off after 2 mins exactly.

Is there any way to increase the voice seg max recordable length.

Also when i play the seg thru App Builder by entering a extn DN and listening on a phone it plays the full msg, only when dialng thru the CDN>menu i get the 2min cutoff.

Any ideas???

Go to Messaging - Messaging Management and extend the timer for Maximum Prompt Size. Sounds like yours is set to 2 minutes.

Thanks Sandyml

I had a play with the Promt size, it was set to 1m30sec changed it to 3min, but made no difference.

I also changed a record timer from 120sec to 180sec but still made no difference.

The segments were imported using WAV files so i did not need to use the record faclity.

I would say that since it was imported, you may need to import it again after the setting was changed. If you would have recorded it manually, you would have gotten cut off after the limit. Try importing again or re-recording manually.

Hope this helps
Rob

I tried to re-import the message afterwards which had the same effect.

I also recorded a test message of 3 mins, when played back through dialling CDN it stops after 2 mins again.

Has anyone been able to record a msg over 2 mins on CP 201 and been able to play back fully through a CDN??

Thanks

Is the format of the wave file correct? I know it needs to be imported in using "telephone quality"; however, usually the symptom for the wrong density is bad quality or you hear nothing. Just another thing to check.

I always keep voice segments pretty short, as these are typically comfort messages playing while a person is waiting in queue. A two minute announcement while I am waiting for an agent to talk to, may not be very comforting to the caller. It also adds all this time to the call wait time, and if an agent becomes available and they are in the voice segment, they will finish listening to all of this before being presented to an agent I believe. INTERRUPTIBLE messages are done using GIVE IVR INTERRUPTIBLE. Perhaps there is another way to give this message.

The message is an anouncment that auto disconnects after the message.

It gives the caller an address for postal/ email enquiries.

It doesn't route to an agent.

In Symposium script it states::

/*********************************************************/
SECTION Email_Application_Section

OPEN VOICE SESSION
PLAY PROMPT
VOICE SEGMENT Email_msg

END VOICE SESSION
DISCONNECT

/*********************************************************/

I checked the format of the WAV file according to the NTP's and it is recorded in the correct format of 16 bit Mono 44.1k hz.

I just cant understand the 2min limit.

Instead of using a voice segment, you could use a ROUTE CALL command and route it to a Phantom DN that is pointed to this announcement; or if you have IVR ports in your Symposium, use a GIVE IVR statement.

In the scripting guide, under the PLAY PROMPT section, it states the maximum length of a voice segment is 120 seconds. In Meridian Mail, you can record a segment more than 120 seconds, however, we have had experience where when it plays, the voice port that is playing the announcement becomes deaquired. It sounds like when the ACCESS ports were moved to call pilot, that call pilot was coded so that it enforced the 120 second rule.

Fonchick

Thanks guys,

Fonchick - I think the Script _ Play Prompt max of 120 sec sounds most likely.

Is that 120 sec max change-able??

Is it mentioned in the NTP's?

Thanks for finding that reference, fonchick. I didn't think of that earlier. Rinky123, the problem is, that is not an arbitrarily set parameter that can be changed, but it represents the system's limits. As fonchick mentioned, failure to stay within that parameter caused system failures.

Here is a thought, though -- can you break that segment into a couple of different segments? It would need to be able to tolerate a couple of seconds of silence in between each one, I would think. Or -- talk faster? [wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back