Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice recordings not emailed 1

tnestel

Programmer
May 10, 2012
US
I have a customer with IPO R10 Preferred and VM Pro. They use VM Pro to manually record calls, which are then sent to the user's mailbox. They also use voicemail to email. This feature is used often by many users. It's not a huge system, but my point is the feature is working and has been for 10+ years.

One user recently recorded a call that lasted about an hour. The recording is in his mailbox and he forwarded it to another user. In both cases, the message was not forwarded to email. I'm guessing because the file is too large. However, when I look at VM Pro and accounts, I do not see the message in etiher account. I thought it would be there as long as they haven't deleted it, and I could download it.

Any idea why this message isn't in the users' accounts?

You will need to check the logs.
What are you using for an outbound email server?

If your ISP provides an SMTP server, this is your best option.

They use SMTP but the message is 64MB; I'm sure that exceeds the size limit for the ISP.

I am looking at the user account folder on the server, and the message is not there, even though in VM Pro I can see it is still saved. How can I get it off the server if it's too big to email? Why isn't it showing in the user account? Is there another place to find it, or any way to get this message downloaded?

64 MB Voicemail?? Good Grief man! That's an hour long voicemail.

In any case, It sounds like the issue you might be having is the time limits. 64MB VM, sounds like a little more than an hour long voicemail.
Check In Preferences > General in VM Pro.
What is the Max call / VRL Record length? The default used to be 3600. It could be that you are hitting 60 minute cap.

Travis, yes, the max call is 3600 seconds. Yes, an hour is a long call to record!! Way too big to email.

The recording is in their mailboxes. Typically I can go to the C drive of the server, to Program Files/Avaya/IP Office/Voicemail Pro/VM/Accounts and download recent messages. But this hour long message isn't there. I don't understand that.

If the Max call is 3600 seconds, then that's just 1hr, and the voicemail in question exceeded that limit.
Change 3600 to 5400 and see if that helps. That will set the cap to 1.5hrs.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back