Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotta98

Technical User
Apr 16, 2004
Hello Guys,

I want my company to sound as proffessional as my 100mm competitors so I recently used a voiceover person on my ACS R6.0 system and it didn't turn out as good as I had hoped. The Partner uses a GSM 6.10 8 KHz WAV format which noone seems to be able to record in. The only option I have found is have them do it in a standard format and then convert it. The only problem with that is that the quality goes to crap.

Does anyone know of a company that will do all of the prompts plus custom greetings and actually upload them remotely to the system? I'm sick of messing with it. I just want things done properly to begin with and then be able to update any extensions on an as needed basis, etc, etc.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

What? Are you talking about factory voice mail prompts? If so, they were'nt designed to be changed. I dont know how you would even go about changing them. Maybe you could shed some light......

He just wants professional quality recording for the Auto Attendant.

You can record them as a .wav file and upload them via the programming GUI, although as Scotta98 has found, the sampling rate is a bit low, so the quality suffers.

The best I have heard is done by a professional voice over company, who dials into your system and logs into the System Administrator's mailbox (you have to give them your password). They use a "telephone hybrid" to interface a studio type microphone to the phone line to get the best quality possible.

Google for voice over, or something along those lines.

Hi Guys,

I was talking about the auto attendant but I was also enquiring about the regular factory promps too. I guess from 1864's response, this is not a reasonable question...

On the other hand, these systems are sold overseas too. Would someone using a Partner system in the United Kingdom have American voice prompts? Is there a British version? People seem to really like that at the moment.

Anyway, thanks for the input.

You can change the system prompts to Canadian French, Latin American Spanish, or American English. The older VS mails included British English, but no longer an option.

I know this is the digital age and all that crap but I still do it the old fashioned way for my customers. I might also be because I have a lot of pre-Partner Messaging systems out there.

I have a cheapo battery powered cassette recorder/player and an adapter that goes in the handset cord and plugs into the headset jack of the player. This allows me to connect the player directly to a phone.

I have the production sent to me on a cassette, I cue it up on the player, hit pause then log in to the system. Take it off pause when it's time to record. Always do this from a phone on premises and the quality will be excellent.

I haven't even tried uploading a GSM converted .wav file and that's mainly because as a test I converted a .wav file on a computer. The resampled file size bore out the horrible audio quality.

-Hal

The best I have heard is done by a professional voice over company, who dials into your system and logs into the System Administrator's mailbox (you have to give them your password). They use a "telephone hybrid" to interface a studio type microphone to the phone line to get the best quality possible.

Still not nearly as good as when they send you the recording and you record it locally as I do.

-Hal

Well how dumb do you think I feel now? I'm so caught up in WAV formats and Khz that I totally missed the ball!

Thanks for the advice Hal. It true what they say about things old fashioned. They always come back into style...

Thanks to all for the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back