Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice over ip via Cisco Wireless AP and Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyiks

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
ZA
Heita Daar Gents & Ladies

I have two sites connected wirelessly with Cisco Wireless Ap and Bridge and I also have 2 cisco Ata 186 . I need to know if I can run voice over the wireless and if Cisco Wireless products do pass voice traffic

I've just been down this dark ally be there was bright light a the end.

We have an main building that connects two other building over Cisco 350 Series Bridges. I can't remember what type of Cisco antenna the bridges are connected to. They are yeaggi (spelling??) bridges. The main building has two bridges and the other buidling have a single bridge with a antenna pointing to the main building.

One building is about 20 meters away from the main building, the other is about 100 meters, with a tree in the middle.

We have Inter-Tel Axxess system with IP phones in the smaller buildings.

It took a lot of time to get the network configuration stable enough but we managed it by having one root bridge in the main building, and one of the smaller building having another root bridge.

It's been running for about 2 weeks without any problems/ complaints.

Thanx for your response , I appreciate . The type of atenna you are talking about is Yagi

The big thing to remember is that your wireless system will
not give you the same bandwidth as the rest of your system.
To heavy a load will degrade the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back