Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Networking without VM Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoIPP

MIS
Jan 28, 2009
US
Have two offices, one with 14 users the other with 6.

Want to setup voice networking but not sure about VM Pro. Considering using embedded VM in each of the IPOs.

What will I be missing out on if we don't go VM Pro in this setup. The avantage of two embedded is that we don't have to rely on a VPN for one of the offices to get VM and of course the cost.

It is not supported using embedded in a scn.
If you are going to use scn then you do not need a separate VPN for vmpro.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

you can't forward messages from one user to another in the second office.
Use vm to email then you can too so basically you lose convenience that's it.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Much depends on what you want to accomplish. If you don't need SCN, but only want phone to phone dialing, then you can arrange this via IP trunks and shortcodes. In this scenario, Embedded voicemail at each site will work fine. If you want full SCN, then a single VMPro is the only "supported" option.
Mike

I think from r5+ SCN licence isnt needed for full SCN features, so an H323 trunk also has all the SCN features available, but what you STILL need are voice networking licences to make speech happen.

This will be on R6.

HSM,

I thought that I had read that on the IPO 500's that IP trunks were no longer free and you had to buy a license.

The licnese (Multi-Site Networking) will get you IP trunks and SCN.

Anyone care to clarify?

Some ideas for you VOIPP
- 2 VM embedded: you cannot forward messages internally but with email voicemail yes.
- Automated attendand, you have to put same messages/music on hold on both, same decision tree and so on
With ip trunk customer can save money

There is no need anymore for an advanced networking license form 5.0 up.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back