Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

voice messages from outside callers shows Unkown on Unified Messaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

Optman

Technical User
Apr 14, 2011
MA
Hi all

We have install Unified Messaging of CallPilot Rls5.0 that is runing with CS1K Rls7.0..and it work good.

So we can obtain all voicemail messages on Mail desktop users..the messages that are obtained from external callers display Unkwon plus calling number..

The question is: is it possible to change this Unknown to any other names ..??

Thanks

Regards

Mostafa

the DCH is configured as IFC EURO

I'm not familiar with EURO-ISDN, but if it supports name delivery, and you are receiving name on your inbound calls, then CallPilot will display the name that is received when the call arrives.

If someone calls a digital or IP set from outside (a display set), do you see both their name and number in the caller ID? If not, then CallPilot won't be able to receive it either.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

Thanks Mr Nortel4Matt

so you mean that the CO Provider must first send the name then the DCH can interpret this name..right...correct me if Im wrong.

And where we can configure thoses names if CO Provider support them...is it configured from CO or CS1K ...??

Thanks

Yes, the CO has to send you name. If they're not sending name, there's no way to make anything else appear except "UNKNOWN".

Internally, DN have CPND of course (in LD 95) but externally, you cannot control it; it must come from the CO.

Matthew - Technical Support Engineer Sr.

many thanks Mr Nortel4Matt, I have understand now...

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back