Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Message erasure problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlaaNajem

Technical User
Sep 18, 2005
BH
Hi,

I have 3300ICP Mx controller with 7.1 software installed. Everything is fine except that when they received a message, and after erasing the message the light on the phone will remain flashing indicatiing that there is a message. But actually there is no message at all?

What will be the problem and how can I solve it?

1. figure out what kind of message is lighting the lamp. Go to Maintenance commands and enter locate feature ext #### where the #'s are the DN of the set. It will come back and say either "Dialed Message Waiting" or "Callback Message" (or both!).

2 a. If Dialed Message Waiting, go to Feature Access Code Assignment and look up the Message Waiting-Deactivate code, dial said code followed by the set DN, the lamp will be removed.
2 b. If a Callback Message, go to the set's COS, set Voice Mail Callback Message Erasure Allowed to Yes. Now go via the Message key on the set, read/erase the message.

3. Go to the local pub and have a beer to celebrate on a job well done.

Are you using the embedded 3300 voicemail?

if so......

Have you configured all 20 pr 30 ports if using additional DSP's?

Are all your ports setup for voicemail or do you have some as RAD or AA ports?

Hi,

MitelTech, I already did the steps you mentioned, but still the phone lamp flashing. I want to mention something strange happening which is that the phone light will keep on flashing if the users did not listen to the message in the same day they received it. And they listen to the message in the next day. Also when I'm checking the mailbox, it will say zero messages left.

ianuk1974, I'm using the embedded voicemail with 20 ports configured. The first 5 ports for the AA.

Ok you could have 1 of 2 issues here. Both of which I have experienced.

1. make sure that your main voicemail hunt group has port 20 in it and it is the last port in the group. this is the default message waiting port and if it is not i the group your lamp will intermittantly or not at all work.

2. on this handset do you have a DN key of 0 programmed? if so check that mailbox 0 has not messages in it.

Ian

You never mentioned, is it a Dialed Message Waiting, or Callback Message?

And along Ian's lines, there is more then 0 to worry about. Some things to ponder, is this extension in a hunt group? Does that hunt group have an associated mailbox? Is this extension the forst member of that hunt group? If so, that hunt group mailbox has a message.

Along that same theory, does this extension have a NON prime single line/multicall appearance on it? Does that non prime DN have a mailbox? If so, check it for messages.

Hi,

MitelTech, sorry that I did not mention the message type. It is a Callback message. Also this extension is not in a hunt group.

For the second option about the multicall key appearances, I have to check it.

Alaa

And if you "read" the message from the phone, it does indeed say voicemail lit the lamp? Remember, users can light lamps too...

In Addition to the suggestion above regarding the dial zero mailbox, you need to be aware of hunt groups with members appearing on the set as either key lines or the prime (Hunt groups with VM at least). The hunt group will set a message waiting against the lowest numbered extension (prime) in the group or the lowest extension that has appearances of key line members of a hunt group.

There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty.
Miss that though, and you're pretty much doomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back