Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice menu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moggie1

Vendor
Jan 25, 2005
GB
I have set up a "voice menu" system; ie: welcome, press 1 for xxxx, press 2 for xxx etc.

When option 1 or 2 is taken I direct the call to internal extensions (dn).

What I would like to do now is set up a third option so that when selected it dials an external number!

Any help would be appreciated.

not a problem, call pilot or mermail? both work the same, dial ext 9 plus the external number, then check the rpl's

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John, thanks for quick reply, mermail.
I have set up the external dial with a 9 infront of the number.
When I try the option I get the "lady" saying "That number is busy; please try later"!

Also please can you explain "rpls"?

restriction permission list, the lady lives in the local dial tone provider, so your getting through the switch. if you can dial that same dn. 9 plus, the mermail should be able to call it. if your using pri's for outbound, enl msgi x on the d in ld 96, then try option 3 and you'll see the actual dialed dn.. maybe deleting or adding a digit. if you donot have pri, then it's a little harder.. slow traffic and trace each channel until you find out the point of failure. because the recording is not internal, your ncos and rpls have already passed the call

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Thanks for quick reply again.

I changed the option to dial an internal dn and when I tried the option I got the lady saying the number was busy try later. This message stopped after 5mins of trying and the dn started working.

If I use a telephone and dial 9, then the number, I get thru ok?

?? changed the number to internal and got a recording from an external source? what do you see, (digits) when you do a trac on the channel? look at load 60 entc commands

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

LD 60? Do not seem to have this option?

I am very new to this; what else should I be looking for?

What would you expect to see in the rplist?
I have "On Switch"; "Local"; "Long dist1" & "Long dist2" programmed?

"On switch & Local" are both the same
"Long dist 1 & 2" are both the same

Thanks again for your assistance.

ld 80, can't type when i'm not at work.. opt 11 does not have entc commands. it's a great dynamic trace command that let's you see real time tn/dn status

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

What would you expect to see in the rplist?
I have "On Switch"; "Local"; "Long dist1" & "Long dist2" programmed?

The onswitch or local should have in the allow some or all of the number you want to dial from voice mail. Be aware the least restrictive you are the more accessable to fraud.

I would suggest you create a Phanton DN DCFW to the number you want to be called and then set the menu option to that phantom DN

John; Reusser if I understand you correctly then to allow my option to dial the external number. ie: 9xxxx-xxxxxx then I need to include 9 in a "permission" list?

At the moment 9 is restriced on all lists?

Be very carefull with allowing 9. It would be recommended to allow only the full number that you wish to send calls to for security reasons. I would allow the full external number 9xxxx-xxxxxx in your RPL's. This will mean that you are less vulnerable to toll fraud through your Meridian Mail.

I agree with HASAGO. Allowing 9 in the RPLs can be a security risk. Allowing the specific number in the RPL or creating an ACD DN or Phantom DN in the PBX which is DCFW'd to the external number has worked for me as well. Make sure the Phantom TN has CFXA in the CLS. Simply direct the caller to that extension when they press the appropriate key in CallPilot and the call gets transferred out.

Thank you all for your assistace.

I have, as suggested, created a Phantom DN.
This works fine but still curious why with a 9 in the rpList i could not get it to work?

Thanks again.

It may be due to the voice mail agents restiction/class of service. One measure to add additional toll fraud protection is to restrict the voice mail agents to internal dialing only. This would explain why directing the call to a phantom dn works but not directly out of voice mail.

print one of the acd sets that are the physical channels on the mail.. do they have an ncos that allows a local call? if so, allow 9 in the rpls should be all the mail needs

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back