Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mails are going into different extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

machz800

Vendor
Mar 18, 2010
I had a vendor come in and was supposed to just swap 2 extensions (x110 go to where x709 is and x709 go to where x110 was). which they did but now the voice mails are going to each others extension. we have set relocate check so i think they could of just moved the phones, but they did it all through element mang. any help would be much appreciated.

It sounds like they may have changed the DN's of the sets...instead of simply swapping the phones. I would go into the voicemail and see what ext's are assigned to each DN...you can probably fix it there.

Usually they forget to alter any target lines that were assigned. I'd check them as well!.

An easier way is to enable (turn on) extension set relocation. swap over both phones and wait until they both work again and then turn it off.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back