Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail Selector Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ltbaggz

Programmer
Sep 30, 2006
US
I just have a quick question with setting up the auto attendant with a Large Voice Mail card. When setting up different menu options/selector codes I have been told that since it does a direct extension transfer you cannot use group 1 since all of the extensions begin with a 1, essentially disabling the INT 10, 11 etc... Is this accurate? Also would this be the same thing if option 2 was used and there are extensions in the 20's?

I am just curious because ideally i would like to use 1 2 3 options just because it is more intuitive to the caller rather than saying 3 4 5.

Thanks for the help,
Drew

If you direct Selector Code 1 to a particular extension, anytime some tries to dial an extension starting with a 1, like 10, 11, 12, etc. the call will go where the selector code is set. It won't wait for the 2nd digit. Save if you have extensions in the 20's, 30's, etc.

That's just the way it is.

Start your one digit choices at 9 and work backwards.

sounds good, thanks for the confirmation on this. Much better to start form 9 and work back so that you don't have to re-record everything if you add and extension and bump into the 20's or 30's.

thanks,
Drew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back