Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoneGuyy

Technical User
Feb 8, 2008
US
At a hotel and attempting to build a voice mail box for a staff member. This is on a meridian mail system and Option 11.

I build the voice mail and put the user in a staff Class of service and then when I try to dial the voice mail it tell me "Your connection can not be completed at this time."

It is hitting the voice mail ports as I can see that on the phone...

Any help or suggestions would be great...this is a new one for me...

check all the options. If I remember correctly there is one other place that lets the system know if it is a room phone or an admin phone.

what happens when you call the phone, does it roll to vmail correctly or do you get the same message.

I get a message that says, "You have been forwarded to a voice mail system, however the person at x7140 does not subscribe to this service "beep" not message can recorded at this time...

It sounds to me like the "Extension" 7140 isn't in the firled it needs to be in. By default, it is populated with the Mailbox number... so the mailbox and extension number and the same.

View/modify the mailbox, and page down to make sure mailbox 7140 has extension 7140.

If it does, then there is something in the Voice Service DN Table that is getting in the way. Use these as quick guides to navigation:
--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

Yes the extension is in the primary dn field....

There is nothing in the SDN table that matches this same extension...

If you can add other mailboxes without a problem, and deleting and rebuilding this one does not do the trick, I suspect coruption. It's you're call whether you want to power cycle it... but it may be the next step.

--
GHTROUT.com - Help for Nortel Meridian/CS1000 System Administrators
--

I actually came up the the phone room and there was a voicemail box on that phone witch worked, so I thought hey that doesnt need to be there anyway so deleted it so I could try to build on that phone and same thing happens...

gotta get basic here. Find an Admin phone (non room phone) that has a vmail box that works. then look at all options on each line to make sure they are identical. Check all fields keeping an eye on the soft keys when they say see details press the appropriate soft key and see what options are picked.

Lets start there.

Well compared all phone options and voice mailbox options and all look to be the same...

make sure the programming in your PBX has the FDN and HUNT programmed to the voicemail number and make sure your CLS has hta mwa fna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back