Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail pro Email Alerts

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPSds

Programmer
Oct 22, 2003
CA
We upgraded ip403 and voicemail to lastest version, ip403 version 2.0 and voice mail pro server 2.0 (16). We can not get email alerts working. On our old version we were running outlook express. We have been told a patch is required 2.0 (17) for vm server, where can we get it.

Version 2 VM Pro does not use outlook express to send email, it now uses smtp to send its email. You will need to make sure you have configured a SMTP gateway server in the VM Pro control panel.

ipo.gif

We have had no luck getting this feature working, in the windows control panel, the ipoffice stmp setting icon is set up, I have entered the stmp setting from our isp's stmp server. we can not get any email out of the system. NO help exists for this module setup. Any other suggestions.

I would suggest that you do not use the ISP's SMTP server as you may not have the rights to send via it. I would configure a SMTP server on the VM server its-self. If Windows 2000 make sure you disable the one in IIS.
You can download many SMTP servers from Tucows.com.

Do you not have a mail server in-house or is all mail handled remotly ??

ipo.gif

We do not have mail server in house all handled off site at isp. We are investing running stmp software for ipoffice. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your help

See is another machine on the network was running IIS that has a built in SMTP gateway, just configure it up and test.

ipo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back