Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail - Message too short

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 13, 2006
US
What might cause this, the system had been working.

When trying to transfer to VM it states Message Too Short and goes directly to transfer to another extension or transfer to operator.

Maybe just need to reseat cards and reboot?

You should reboot the mailbox or the card. Usually like a computer they tend to act funny after running constantly.

I should have mentioned that it happens on all mail boxes.

I don't know what the which voice mail it is.

Defaulting the voicemail might help. Could you determine which voicemail the system has and let us know? The choices are:

Partner Mail: (Looks like a wall-mounted computer)

Partner Voice Messaging: (Looks like a PC card inserted into one of the 2 slots on the front of the processor)

Partner Mail VS and Avaya Partner Messaging: Look like regular system modules. They are installed inside a 2 or 5 module holder. The label on the outside of the voicemail's enclosure will identify which type it is.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

I am pretty sure it is Partner Voice Messaging. There are only 4 phones on the system.

I am going to the site today.

I am pretty sure it is Partner Voice Messaging."

Partner Voice Messaging PC card(large or small)? Partner Messaging R1,R6,orR7 module??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back