Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail Message Indicator Lighted and customer extension does not have any Voice Massage Waiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

pjr1928

Programmer
Dec 30, 2010
PR
Customer extension is Reflecting a Voice Mail Message Indicator Lighted and customer extension does not have any Voice Massage Waiting. Verify extension with through Avaya command: Status Station 5804 and this command indicates a: VM message. Call Voice Mail extension and voice mail system is indicating NO Message for this extension.

1st I tried to remove extension from Avaya PBX, but pbx system is indicating that extension cannot be removed because pbx system is indicating a Voice Mail still on extension and there is No message for this extension 5804.

After this, I procede to remove coverage path to VoiceMail, once removed, I removed extension from Voice Mail System, try to remove extension and system still does not let me remove extension because PBX System is still seeing that this extension has still a Voice Mail on the extension. The Extension has the Mail Led On when there is NO message. Call the user extension to verify the messages and Voice Mail System indicates NO Message for this extension.

Need assistance on how to remove Led of Voice Mail Indicator.

What voice mail system? In AAM there is a check box to turn off the light.

At any rate the voicemail system is where you want to look to turn off the MWI.

clear amw all 1234 is the cm command to turn off lamp 1234 to be able to remove the station.

If your AAM hasn't been rebooted in a long time, it can get a little goofy with the odd user and have the wrong lamp state. in the app server, in system operations, you can resync the cache for any one particular user, or for all (service affecting). If you're on AAM 6, MWI comes from the app server(s), if you're on AAM7, it comes from the storage server.

Did you status the station to see what lit the light?

If it was lit by another station you can call it back or just clear it as above with the clear amw all command.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back