Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice mail greetings with no beep

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcarrethers

Technical User
Aug 27, 2002
US
I have a Partner voicemail Rel 5 that is not always giving a beep tone after the greetings at individual mailboxes. Callers don't know when to leave a message.

Hi mcarrethers,
Is it possible that the personal greeting has a long pause before the user pressed "1" to end the recording? I've never seen that fault before.
-Chris

The system has been in for several months and this problem only began a couple of days ago. Also, it happens on different extensions and only at times...???

Hi mcarrethers,
I have had real strange problems with other things. Normally, I would turn the system off and back on. That clears up persistant weird faults. The rest are normally fixed when the system is run on a good UPS. That will take care of most intermittent faults that don't make sense. If you have Remote Administration, connect to the system and look at the diagnostics for resets and cold starts. If you have a fair number of them, it is time for a UPS.
-Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back