Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Mail between BCM's

Status
Not open for further replies.

pingj626

IS-IT--Management
Apr 8, 2008
US
I have 6 locations with a combination of BCM-400's and BCM-50's. We are VoIP at all locations, with PRI's at my two largest locations, and copper at the other 3.

Our call center is located at one location with a BCM-50 on a PRI. When they receive calls for others located at other locations, they can not dump the direct to Voice Mail (F986).

Is it possible to do this and if so, how do I set it up?

F9xx will only work on the Host systems mail. If each one has there own voice mail then they need to dial the voice mail dn of the system they want. Then they could dial the mailbox number and dump the call in that way. You could look at networking the mails together as a possible solution.

Take a look at the "CallPilot Message Networking Set Up and
Operation Guide" and see if it helps any.

Setup a "back door auto attendant" using your pricate dialing plan. To transfer a caller directly to a users voice mailbox on another system do this:

1) Press Transfer and dial the AA you setup above
2) Press * and the users voice mailbox number (should be same as the extension)
3) Press #
4) Press JOIN

The caller will hear the users greeting and will be able to leave a message.

--DB

If your remote Bcm50's are Rel3 you could also use the "express messaging" option in the "service directory number setup" under "configuration" in the call pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back