Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Call Multiple Extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

markatcristorey

IS-IT--Management
Oct 1, 2009
US
Hello all --

I have a need to do a voice call to multiple extensions. Is this possible with the Norstar Meridian system? I would be okay doing paging as well, but I'd need to be able to page two zones at once without paging all zones.

I'd think I might be able to do a voice call with one line, putting it on hold, doing a voice call on a second line, and then conferencing them, but I haven't tried yet.

Are either of these a possibility?

Thanks!

You cannot page only 2 zones.
All or 1

Voice call can only be done at one set but yes you can conference internal, I do this at home all the time......I carry on a conversation on handfree and walk from room to room with having to use a cordless.

Depening on why you want to do this may depend if we offer other suggestions.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I am assuming you ment phones instead of zones in your earlier post and if so you can put 2 phones into 1 zone and paage them (no talkback) then you open a can of worms about allzone page to include them.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back