Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice Applications (Menu) - No Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pudge99

Technical User
Nov 19, 2004
US
We have migrated from a Call Pilot 5.0 to Aura Messaging 6.3. As part of this migration we had to tediously re-arrange and construct roughly 200 menus's (big job), via the wave file puzzle.
Question: In the Call Pilot, a field was present to send callers via a "no response" selection(rotary phones). Understanding that this is not available in Aura Messaging, does anyone have a back door way of routing a "no response" call, rather that listening to "are you still there" then disconnecting? I think we have a large number of callers used to just waiting until the menu finished and have their call routed. Obviously, not happening with Aura Messaging and receiving all kinds of complaints.
Thanks in advance!

If you have an attendant setup for that caller application then the timeout should follow where the zero out will be sent.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Ken, We are not sure where you find the timeout parameter you refer to?
Thanks

You need to have an attendant assigned so it knows where to send the call

Ken Means

All of our menu's are set up in the caller application editor with no relationship to the attendant programming in the site setup. Perhaps I'll do more investigation of how they are related when time permits. Messaging was down most of the day yesterday and still recouping........
Thanks for your suggestions!

We made a change to reflect a different alias when receiving a voicemail in your e-mail. Not only stopped the notification, but dropped the messaging as well. The weird thing is that you could see messaging being delivered in the call logs, but they did not appear in the mailbox or light the message waiting light.

Are you using Exchnage as the store ?

Ken Means

AAM as the store. Exchange is used only for the VM to e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back