Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice announce time remaining while caller leaves message? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibsonLP

Technical User
Mar 27, 2006
US
Scenario:
Caller is leaving a lengthy message and while they are talking, time expires and call is terminated. They have to call back and continue the message. I am looking for a way around setting the length of voice messaging to a higher setting.

Hopeful Fix:
Is there a way to set up the Call Pilot to announce to an incoming caller the time that remains to leave a message. I know this was possible with old voice mail system. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Thanks,
GibsonLP

The length of messages left is configurable, and assigned to the Mailbox Class.

Go to User - Mailbox Classes and you'll see a listing (every mailbox has to be assigned to a class). Open one up, and you'll see that you can set limits for total storage time (in minutes) for the mailbox as a whole, how long (in seconds) a composed message can be (that the user composes and sends out to other mailboxes), and how long (in seconds) a call answering messsage can be.

So you can allow different classes of users more or less time, depending on need.

As to your other question, CallPilot does not announce the configured time allowance for a message. Your user can include that in his/her mailbox greeting, if desired.

That was exactlty what I needed to know, Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back