Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voice & Fax - Single mailbox..Now to do?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

klamb

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2001
GB
Hello,

I am trying to setup a single mailbox for both voice and fax - with limited success.

the setup is as follows:
CS1000E & CP4
Voice SDN: 4000
Fax SDN: 4002
and the mailbox with an mailbox class with fax capabilities.

During testing if we set EHT/EFD to 4000 - all external calls will be forwarded to voice mailbox OK - any fax calls coming into 4000 will be bounced, fail then redials, etc. If we answer the bounced call, hear fax tone, and transfer to 4002, we get the prompted for mailbox, etc. If we transfer and immediately complete the transfer, the call bounces, retries, etc. However, if we set EHT/EFD to 4002 the fax goes into the mailbox as a fax, etc - all OK.
If a voicecall gets forwarded to 4002 the caller gets fax tone, so we cannot keep this setting.

The question is, how can we get both voice and fax calls going to the same mailbox (same DID)? - should be possible but just can't see the wood for the trees.....

Thanks in advance,

Kenny

I believe the CDN that the calls forward to has be be a Voice Messaging defined CDN with a media type of FAX in the SDN table because it is a mixed media situation. Your voice greeting in the mailbox should be at least 8 seconds long because after 8 seconds it switches to fax mode automtically. Try it and see.

works a wee treat - knew it had to be relatively straightforward, but for the life of me couldn't find any definative answer to it (and didn't want to muck up the existing voice messaging, until now...)

Thanks

LWEB - apologies for being obvious, but you got a star and the above mention shows that 'it works'

for the record - we had voice messaging working OK. when looking to do fax all the docs stated making it all multimedia & fax classes... I didn't see the voice CDN with the fax type - I thought it meant to be Multimedia with the fax type - but that didn't work.....

anyway, working OK thx...

ok very cool - I am new to this web site and didn't know that was what the star meant. Thanks!

Leda

Leda,

no problem - thanks once again...

Kenny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back