Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VODVAI TRIAD With Code DKTU24-D on the the phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raider11

Technical User
Feb 1, 2012
US
I read this thread thread846-1624865 trying to find out why my phone system is not working. VODVAI TRIAD With Code DKTU24-D on the the phones. It has never not worked and today I came in the office and all the phones said this. I am forward my the calls to my Cell until i get it working. What a pain.

If I replace the battery like in the other thread said, (I think I can handle that) will the system work if I do not back it up to a PC first. There is only 4 phone in the system with no voice mail, and 4 phone lines in a hunt group. I think this is a basic system. I am good with tools and electronics but not really a compuer guy and don't know if I could sucessfull back up the phone system to a PC and then re install it after it do the batter swap.

Thanks

Over My Head

Backing up with PC would be over your head... You'd have an equal chance of success simply replacing the battery. With the level of complexity of your system, the default programming MAY work fine.
Mike

Yes, your system can easily be reprogrammed.
So you can power it off and replace the battery.
The battery has to the same type and voltage.

///doktor

I replaced the battery with a 3.6 Volt. it looks the same. it was $20 at radio shack. The phones are still displaying the same code and they are dead. I powered the system on and off a few times. I do see two very small switches sodered to the board one is on and one is off. they are labled sw1 and sw2. I did not touch them. Any suggesstions? I'm not sure how to re program the system.
Thanks for responding any help is greatly appreciated

Can you plug in an analogue phone to see and hear if it works?
Have you seen this system working before?
There are some software versions that do not wrk with some system phones.
Please post the label (what is written on it) of your system phones. (the ones that write DKTU24-D in the display).

///doktor

The system and phones have worked for years together. On Wednesday the phones displayed the code DKTU24-D GSPD V2.0DB and no longer work so I replace battery. That did not do anything i know the wiring is fine and the phone lines are turned on. Not sure what to do.

If the phones show this (DKTU24-D GSPD V2.0DB) the phones ar just powered on, but there is no signalling towards the central "computer" (processor) in the telephone system.
So it can be a defective processor board or a defective line card.
If the processor board is defective, it will have effect on all phones. If only the line board is defective then only the phones connected to that line board will have this problem.
How many phones are not working - and how many phones are installed in this system?

///doktor

The bigger question is "How long can your organization survive without telephones?". Just call a local professional to fix this...
Mike

there are 10 phones on the system. they all display this.
(DKTU24-D GSPD V2.0DB). I thought this ment the battery was bad. Should i have even replaced the battery? But it sound like the processor board is bad?

I have forward the number to anther phone number so we are still getting calls. when this happend i decide to go to VOIP it is less per month. The VOIP should be up and running by Friday. I am no longer going to use the system. But was hoping to get it working. is there any value in my system and phones or should i toss it all?

It could be the processor or the board for extensions since up to 12 extensions (phones) can be installed on one board.
I would keep the telephone system and let maybe a local "TRIAD" engineer check if it is possible to repair.
At least keep it untill the VOIP is up and running - and you are satisfied withe VOIP.

///doktor

OK.
I have asked around. It must be the processor board that is defective.
If you open the cabinet after powering off the system!, then try to take the bords in/out of the slots in the cabinet.
If the should be some bad connections - this could help.
Remember to pu the board back in their right slot (same slot - position).

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back