Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vodavi XTS has dead DSS station

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mcburks

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2006
US
Our operator has a phone with two DSS consoles attached. We were moving our operator when my tech plugged a phone into the ext. where the first DSS was supposed to be. After that I cannot get that DSS to come back on. What I'm guessing has happened is that in the system that extension (ext 140) is now a regular phone extension instead of a DSS extension. How do I go about changing that back so I can use the DSS again?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offier. It will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Mcburks

Thanks,
Matt B

Hi Matt B

If you install a Vodavi system phone (keyset) in the port where a DSS is programmed, the programming of the DSS is lost.
Either with keyset admin or with the Vodavi management PC program, the data for the DSS needs to be re-installed.
Normally, I would copy the data for the DSS by PGM125, but if this (your) DSS is unique in this PBX, there is no other way than using the keyset button programming in PGM115.

If another DSS with the same data exists in your Vodavi XTS, then the assigned buttons of the "master" DSS can be copied to another DSS:

Operation, using the PC program (PGM125)
1.Click [Copy DSS Button].
2.Enter station number , and select the type of destination
3.You can select the two type of destination. One is station and the other is ICM Group.
4.After enter whole data, press [Apply] button to save the data.

///doktor

Unfortunatly I only have the keyset to use for programming our system. I do not have PC software.

Thanks,
Matt B

Hi again

Do you have the password for the XTS?

If you have the password, the logon procedure is:
[TRAN/PGM] + * + # + password + [TRAN/PGM}.
The keyset needs to be authorized for administration.
In the display you can now see "Enter PGM code"
and you press 115 (for PGM115). Then you can re-program all buttons.
If this fails, you can always re-program the supervision buttons by pressing [TRAN/PGM] + the button that you want to program (BTN) + the extension (station) number to supervise + [HOLD/SAVE].
///doktor

Yes I have the password. When I log in I just enter **<admin code> and I'm in the programming section.

Thanks,
Matt B

To eneble the second DSS you have to go to PGM110 and enter the station number for the second DSS telephone number twice. This is because you could enter a number series.
So, if the second DSS has station number 305, enter 305305.
The display will show: (F1: ID F2 :ASC)
PGM110 flex button 2 gives the first DSS's station number, if 02 is entered.
PGM110 flex button 3 gives the second DSS's station number,
if 03 is entered.
Press [HOLD/SAVE] to save.

When programmed, the 48 supervision buttons on the DSS has to be programmed.
Re-programming the supervision buttons by pressing [TRAN/PGM] + the button that you want to program (BTN) + the extension (station) number to supervise + [HOLD/SAVE].

Or, you can press 115 (for PGM115) in the keyset admin programming mode. Then you can re-program all buttons.
Same thing here with number range.
For the second DSS's station number 305 (e.g.), enter 305305. Press the flexkey (button) on the DSS you want to program.
Press DTMF "5" or ("05") and type the station number to supervise on that particular button.
Press [HOLD/SAVE] to save.

Now it should work...

///doktor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back