Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vodavi STS DSS console

Status
Not open for further replies.

ljclives

Vendor
May 22, 2004
US
Hello All. Vodavi challenged NEC tech here. My lone Vodavi customer remodeled and moved the main phone (x100) and 48 button DSS
Main phone works DSS does not. I verified that the DSS is indeed connected to a digital port. When you plug it in only a few buttons flash once - thats it no life.
Where do I start?

Ok thanks Did it lose its connection to x100 just by unplugging and relocating it to another jack? It's on the same port

If both the base phone and DSS are on the same respective ports, all SHOULD be the same. If it's not, you may have something else going on. As nfcphoneman mentioned, you need to id the station as a DSS and associate it with a keyset.

Actually I meant that when they remodeled the room they just cut the jacks and relocated it and the ports for both stations remained the same. But yes x100 and the DSS are on two seperate ports and that did not change. So the DSS has been associated with x100 for years. I will get into programming and check; is it common for it to lose its association in programming? Going on site later is there anything else I should check if thats not it. Thank you for your help.

If they cut the jacks, they may have damaged the port. That MAY be the cause of your angst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back