Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vodavi Starplus STS Voicemail Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Captain

Technical User
Jan 25, 2017
US
I have a Vodavi Starplus STS phone system.

We are trying to get the voicemail to work. I entered the admin programming via **3226 and saw that our voicemail is set up on the 440 group, and the stations assigned in the voicemail group are 150-157. It appears as though we have voicemail set up in the appropriate group. The next thing I need to be able to do is access the voicemail system administrator mailbox through the system or an outside line.

When I dial 440 for to get to the voicemail administrator, the line just keeps ringing, and I am not able to dial * # to access the administrator because the voicemail system doesn't pick up. I need to learn how to get to the voicemail prompts so I can set up the auto attendant and record a greeting in the voicemail with line extensions and business hours.

Additionally, and in looking on several forums, we have already reset the VM card and tried several routes of troubleshooting including calling from an outside line. I get two gold stars if I can figure this outdated system out, its been a 2 day process reading through the manual again and I am almost out of patience.

Can anyone walk me through programming the voicemail, and/or getting the voicemail system administrator to prompt me please? Thanks in advance.

If you've followed the manual with no joy AND if this older system is new to you, it could be that something is defective.
Generally, you put the card into the appropriate slot, program the slot, assign the ports to 440 group (I usually assign to 450 group as well), then you're off to the races. If that doesn't work, it may be something more ominous.

The stations we use for incoming and outgoing calls are as follows:
STA 100 - Attendant Phone
STA 101
STA 102
STA 103
Sta 105

The stations that are assigned to the voicemail group (440) are as follows:
STA 150
STA 151
STA 152
STA 153
STA 154
STA 155
STA 156
STA 157

The manual says that after dialing 440 in default mode (which I am assuming it should be in default mode after resetting the VM card a couple times), the VM should pick up after ringing, and I should be able to dial *# to access the voicemail administrator to set up the VM and Auto Attendant. Another thing to keep in mind; several minutes after resetting the VM card, I attempted to dial 440, then after a series of about 5 rings, the line hangs up and displays an LKD-24D error code. Yet after about 20-30 minutes, if I dial 440, nothing happens on the line, and it just keeps ringing. This has me thinking that I am missing an association or skipped a step; but when reading back through 3 different manuals with different suggestions to try on the same system, nothing would suggest I am missing steps unless there is a subsection dedicated to establishing the VM administrator itself. No bueno at all. The time dedicated to this phone system is attempting to drain my life force!

The slot almost certainly isn't configured in default mode...Did you in fact configure the slot in Flash 24 section? Are you referring to the Prog & Ops manual (necessary for successful install), or a user manual (not intended for system administration)?
Indeed, if you're not familiar with Vodavi programming, it will be an uphill climb. And the manufacturer never intended for it to be self-installed, but rather installed by a trained technician. But they're nice little systems, and, while quirky, gave a good return on investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back