Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vodavi Starplus DHS line 2 indication problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

telemarksman

Vendor
Dec 19, 2007
US
Today I did a 4 line cutover on a Vodavi Starplus DHS SP 7000-00 Rev. 8 A.

I removed the four Telepacific Pots lines from the system and re-installed four lines from the Telepacific T-1 66 block. The 4 lines are in a hunt group.

Another tenant shares the sytem and so Line 5 and Line 6 are allocated to his two numbers. No changes were made for L5 nor L6

After doing the cutover now when Line 2 key is accessed it would give me a dial tone,
but when calling in on any line cross connected to Line 2 position I would not get any visual or audible indication on any instruments.

I could call line 2 from my cell, and although no visual or audible indication I could press the line 2 key and answer the call? I swapped line 3 and line 4 to the line 2 position and same problems followed to the Line 2 position but not the L3 nor L4. In other words when I move L2 in the hunt group to incoming L4 position everything works fine.

I did not touch any programming in any way.

Any help or suggestions would be great.

Thank you!!

alwayslearning

You may not have touched programming, but it appears that it has either changed or there isn't a full understanding of how it was before. It sounds like that "line 2" key is not REALLY a line 2 key, but rather something else. You can likely acquire the programming manual from any number of sources and be off to the races.
Mike

It seemed to work fine for the customer before the cutover. Although I would possibly agree with your assessment, in this case I do not think there was a problem before.
Thanks

alwayslearning

I checked all the programming and it was all good for all the lines.
I hit the change prompt anyway and then cycled thru until I got day/nite ring still no good result on line 2.
Turns out they had expansion CO card, so I added line 2 to line 10, then reprogrammed line 2 button to line 10.

alwayslearning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back