Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNI-2015 Node Preferred Credentials

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgm1

MIS
Apr 5, 2006
US
I'm getting this message when trying to schedule a backup job in OEM;
VNI-2015 : The Node preferred credentials for the target node are either invalid or do not have sufficient privileges to complete the operation.
On Windows platforms, the Node credentials specified for the Windows target should have the "Logon as a batch job" privilege.

We are using all Windows 2000 servers with one PDC.
The databases are all 9.2.0.5

I have verified that the user on the target has this "logon as batch" privilege, and tried several users both local and domain level users, changing the node preferred credentials before creating the job (when using different Node users), and even trying to overide the preferred credentials in the job itself and it still doesn't seem to work.

Also, there is no domain level or local "deny logon as batch" policy that would override "logon as batch" and when looking at the current "logon as batch" settings it does show up as an effective policy for each of the users I've tried.

What's strange is that we're only having the problem on one server. We basically split our production database onto two separate machines creating the second one using rman duplicate and dropping the redundant users on each box.

The problem is on this new server.
The database is fine. I can do backups with RMAN, but I can not schedule the backup through OEM.

I've also clean started the target agent, and it recreates the required \network\agent\services.ora, \network\admin\snmp_ro.ora and snmp_rw.ora ... etc.
as expected and has no problems starting and pings properly as seen through OEM.

The only difference I can see between the servers that I can schedule against and the one that I can't is (if I look at the OEM repository) the server that isn't working
has a fully qualified name whereas the ones that are working simply have a machine name.

Will check for responses this evening.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back