Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC Works on Password/Authentication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SL1M1

Technical User
Feb 10, 2005
GB
I'm a bit baffled here and was hoping for some pointers

You see for some time one has been having problems logging into WEBlevel/Browser onto Nortel's TM3.1 over a managed/secure VPN

Recently loaded Ultra VNC on my laptop and also on the server Windows 2003 to find that using VNC I'm able to Login works fine as does local server browser access ?

Am I going crazy cos I can't figure out why I can't login via the normal way directly via VPN onto the TM3.1 WEB Browser (authentication problem) but using a remote software controlled package Its OK?

Cheers!!

OK, let's get this straight...

If you have a VPN from point A to point B and can use 1 protocol (VNC in this case) across it no problem, but when you're attempting to use another protocol (WEBlevel/Browser in this case - what the heck is that?) and get an authentication problem - it merely sounds like a config issue with that TM3.1 Web product (perhaps remote login isn't allowed?) I think this question should be in a forum for that product...

allywilson, first time I've used this forum on server issue
I thought to ask on this forum as it maywell be something on the server I've overlooked on the security/remote/login/user side as suggested, but yes it could well be something on the application but heh you don't get anywhere in life if you don't ask

Cheers for your reply and advise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back