Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC viewer quits after seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwillr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2003
CA
Hello All,

I am new to RealVNC, and have been using it quite a lot. I am running in to a problem however, with one of the systems on the network. when i connect to it from another system on the network, the viewer closes out after seconds. this also happens when viewing it via browser.

the documentation suggests that this may happen due to another connection trying to view the system. i have confirmed that this is not happening.
\any suggestions?

Gary

When in doubt, re-install. Also, when I run VNC, I usually set any video to the minimum setting (256 colors, 8-bit) on the viewer, seems to help speed.

Also, check the Forums/lists on the VNC website, they are pretty good.

This one is excellent as well...

Carpe diem, procrastination is the thief of time...

the reason it quits is because the pc at the other end is locked. and if vnc server didn't run at starup (as a system service) eg it has been closed and opened again. you will not be able to connect when the pc is locked. the latest version of vnc (4) has fixed this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back