Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC Scan - Failed to Connect to Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

JM20

Technical User
Nov 14, 2008
US
(Sorry I originally posted this in the POS forum!)

Hi -
I have an Aloha POS system with 16 terms, which has been in operation for almost three years.

I have on occasion used the app installed on the ALOHA BOH Server - TGCS VNCScan Console 3.2.0 - without any problem.
When I came in the other day, I opened the VNC Scan Console and every one of my terms was listed, but when I tried to connect to any one of them I get an error "VNC Info – Failed to Connect to Server".

This really doesn't make any sense of what could have changed, because I have not installed anything new, and nobody touches the server (Win Server 2003) but me.
I've tried to Google the error and there are many troubleshooting steps in making sure a service is running, ports open, etc, but again it worked fine for almost three years so I'm at a loss. I did try enabling the service on one of the Terms "VNC Server" which was not started and set to Manual, but it didn't make any difference.
Does anyone have a clue of what may have happened or where I could begin to figure this out?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back