Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VNC on IP500v2 Essential 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightHawkGA

Vendor
Oct 21, 2011
US
I have a customer with several IPOs of various levels with voice network channels configured between each. They have a very small site they'd like to add to that so I suggested the IPO500v2 Essential version so they would have simple AA and Embedded VM included. However, if I'm reading correctly, to incorporate this IPO into the network, I need to upgrade it to IPO Professional (or is it Premier now).

First, is that neceesity correct?

Second, are there cons to moving that box to Pro like lost features otherwise included in Essentials?

Thanks in advance.

Do you know how to program an IPO or are you new to this?
Essential means embedded and preferred means vmpro.

You do not need to have preferred for a SCN.
You need a voice networking license for a SCN.

But why VNC in the topic title?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

I'm new to Avaya IPO and what seems to be all their quirks. The whole reason I started looking was because I got the following error in the Essentials system's status:

10/21/2011 1:59:23 PM 2 Attempt to use a feature for which no license is installed.
License Type: IP500 Voice Networking Channels

Which also led me to the VNC in the title, Voice Networking Channels, maybe that's not how it's generally referred to?

OK.... I see where I got off track. I was looking at part nubmer 202960 (4 channel starter) which states that IPO Professional is required. However it seems part number 205650 (4 channel add-on) is good for IPO Standard after v5 so I can just load that up.

If that's not correct, please let me know otherwise, thanks for the help.

An IP500 requires a Voice Networking License to be part of a small community network (SCN) where it is connected to other IP Offices.

Once is has been connected you will use the Voicemail Pro (aka Preferred Edition) that is part of the main site as voicemail for that remote location. On the system > Voicemail tab you will select centralized and then from the drop down select the line that connects this system to the other(s).

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS & APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

To add something:

The license "standard to professional" is not needed anymore from 5.0 and higher.
So it is not needed on an IP500v2 which cannot go any lower then 6.0

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back