Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMX 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrimble

Technical User
Dec 23, 2011
thread923-830688

I just purchased a vmx 100 voice mail system. As much as I hate to say it I really know nothing anout vmx. Can anyone tell me if there are any manuals out there to help me program this thing.

My only other question is there are 2, 9 pin female connectors on this unit (term1 and term2). Are they to program it and if so what cable do I need and what is the protocol?

If anyone can help, thanks in advance.
Tim

Term 1 is for programming. Term 2 is for lightning af message lamps in the telephone system.
Login using Hyperterminal (or any terminal program) using this bit rate 9600, 7 bit, 1 stopbit, Even parity.
Search in this "Octel forum" for my threads (doktor). I have written many good threads about VMX-100 and Voice 100.

///doktor

Thank You Doktor, really good reply.
Just a few more questions if I could.

1. When I connect to the box I don't get the @password prompt I just get @ and if I press enter I get @password. I contacted the previous owner and they gave me what they thought was the password, but no matter what I do it always comes back "Illeagal Password", I thought I might have the login process wrong. Should I be typing MAINT first and then press enter?

2. Is there a default system managers mailbox, like Panasonic has 99,999,9999:etc, so I can at least change to attendant CO. greeting on the system (seems they left all the mailbox passwords at 0000)

Just ask.

Here are the answers!
If you just get @ then you're logged in.
If it says @Enter password, you just type MAINT or ADMIN or REPORT. (MAINT is the highest level)
Write "help" at the @-prompt like @help.
Also try: L H and L P and PS.

No.
You need to create one yourself.
The deafult COS (Class Of Service) for the ports (i.e. lines) to the telephony system is COS=127.
After login write U at the @-prompt and an .-promt is seen.
U is Update.
Try a .l prof to see the COS entered.
.l cos and .l info and .l sch also gives an idea of how the system is build up.
To create a new profile add a cos by .a cos, Then build up the info table by .a info and at last build up the schedule table by .a sch.
Takes a while to figure out.
Then add a user by .a user where the extension number of the user is entered e.g. 1000,22 - 22 is the COS value.

///doktor

Thanks for the answer and BTW I got the password and got in. Now I have another big problem, I found a dealer with the book on this thing, but they want $165.00 for it. Is there a cheaper way like ebook and is there a way (except @HELP) to get a list of all the commands and there function?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back