Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMWare!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwithi

Technical User
Jan 13, 2008
GB
Morning all,

i know this might not be the best place for this question, but i could not find a VMWare specific forum.

We are just about to install VMWare as our virtualisation solution, but are left with the dilemma of how to charge users when they request additional servers for databases, applications etc.

normally we would gather the specs for the application\database and spec a server up accordingly and get a price from DELL\HP,simple.....

now we have VMware and a SAN this will all change. we already have the most of the 'hardware' in the ESX servers so are really only charing for disk space on the SAN, RAM, etc....

Does anyone have or know where a simple template can be found that can price up a virtual server?

I think this is the vmware forum;

forum1320

Paul
MCSE 2003
MCSA 2003
MCITP Enterprise Administrator

If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?
Scott Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back