Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMware session not seeing network

Status
Not open for further replies.

elohelae

Technical User
Feb 25, 2011
GB
I have a vm workstation server running on ubuntu. I have a session running redhat with cisco cucm 8 attempting to install. I have a router, laptop and vmserver all able to ping each other.

Where it falls down is that i have given my redhat application an ip address on the same subnet but it does not respond to pings plus the application cannot see the network.

I have the network set as bridged and is set to look at the status of the local nic.

The application lets me set the ip address but it does not allow me any tools to see the status of the network as im stuck within an installation script and cannot get out of it to check its status.

This is my first time using vmware and so I may be missing something obvious, so any help is appreciated.

I think the nic eth0 is not enabled, how do i check its status and change it if required?

cheers

Are you using VMWare Workstation or VMware Server?

Make sure the NIC has the checkbox "Connect at power on" enabled

=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+=+
Brent Schmidt Senior Network Engineer
Keep IT Simple[/color red] Novell Platinum Partner Microsoft Gold Partner
VMWare Enterprise Partner Citrix Gold Partner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back