Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMWARE ESX + Windows 2008 STD + ASA 5505

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlmdata

IS-IT--Management
Aug 9, 2007
SE
We are having problems with WAN/VPN connection to a Windows 2008 STD Network. Suddenly "Offline Files" becomes Offline, we can also see that printers become Offline using SNMP. When the connections seems to come back, the printers never gets back to Online, a net stop/start spooler is necessary, but thats wrong. Offline files are reset with a client computer reboot??

Anyone having same type of problems?
ive run DCDIAG on the server and all checks OK.

I've seen 2003 do this when using offline folders and latency to one of the shares is high. Not sure if its the same thing but try unmapping any shares you are using and see if it isolates the problem to a single share or printer.

All shares becomes offline, even the Common Share which is not "cached offline". If i turn off snmp om the printer it will never get offline. One of the ASA 5505 is running on a ADSL line, i believe it could be the issue, if the line drops, and connects directly, how long will it take for the windows xp and windows 2008 machine to connect offline files again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back