Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMWare ESX Server and Arcserve 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoctorDos

MIS
May 8, 2003
US
Does anyone know how to install or if there are any configuration options for installing Brightstor 9 client on the VMWare ESX console? According to VMWares' website you can run the Brightstor 9 client on the server console but it doesn't give any details and CA's website has no mention of ESX and brightstor that I could find. If any one has dealt with this before and has any ideas on how to proceed please let me know. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Derek

If you elaborate more on what you want to do perhaps we can help. For starters what do you mean by the BAB 9 client?
What is you goal?

VMware sessions can be backed up using a client agent (depending on the operating system of the session) and a remote backup server. I don't think that using the ARCserve backup manager on a VMware session is advisable because of hardware sharing. I don't think that the tape engine can handle working with shared SCSI devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back