Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vmu- hd 16 in bp50

Status
Not open for further replies.

md110bc10

Technical User
Jan 12, 2003
BW
Hi all,

is it possible to fix an vmu-hd card and one isdn pri card in bp50.
i fixed the vmu card and with command 4450 messege shows facility not allowed,
4603 is ticked. still the same any clue to solve it .when i create one autto attend examble 5000 and record a welcome messege with command 4411. when exernal calles suppose to give the messege insted the caller getting the pstn dial tone. why like that.

Thanks in advance

Hi!
When You dial a phone number 5000 You hear the welcome message?

Hi blale,

yes when i dial from an extension i can here the welcome message. when dialing from pstn it is going to another pstn line the system has 4 pstn line connected to btu a card.
how to proceed ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi
For loading messages issue (4450) check Facility COS for that extension - check cmd 3014 - 3021,3066 - 3067, 3080 - but you can record new message which means that voice prompts are loaded - no need for 4450.
For ISDN issue, please check if either switch on ISDN card 197/1 or switch on VMU-HD 990/1 is activated. You don't need both to be on - one is enough. If you don't have any switch on ON position - there is no way for external calls to reach any voice service where DTMF input isrequired dur to lack of DTMF receivers. Problem is that if you need to activate DTMF, you have to uninstall that card, clear the slot via BMS, activate switch and install and programm card again. I will pick ISDN card option...

BR

Hi zoo1,

Thanks for the reply. we are using 4 analog pstn lines.
please tell me were is the switch u mentioned.

Thanks

When you use an ISDN pri card like mentioned in your first post, you can forget this
dip switch on the VMU-HD cause on the BTU-D you have DTMF receivers.
Without a BTU-D or any other card with DTMF receivers you have to change this dip switch.

From the BMS help(valid for systems with R13 or higher):
VMU-HD

Modify the number of voice channels

Note

Compared to previous Releases, all messages and individual greetings will be kept on the VMU-HD, when performing an upgrade of the voice channels.
1.Connect the BMS to the system
2.Select ’Boards’ in the tree view, to open the context menu
3.Click on “Hardware details”
4.Mark the desired board position and click on the ’Shut down’ button to deactivate the board.
5.Remove the VMU-HD from the cabinet.
6.Modify the settings of DIP-switch 990 (see Installation instructions ASB 150 02, 1531-ASB 150 02 Uen)
7.Reinsert the board in the cabinet.
8.Mark the desired board position and click on the ’Update’ button to reactivate the board.
9.Storage medium changed ? - Click on the ’No’ button.

Thank you very much

xs650 and zoo1

will let you know the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back