Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMSC won't open after changes to DNS IP / machine IP / MSS name change

Status
Not open for further replies.

kepetersen

Technical User
Jun 25, 2010
US
Followed procedures to change DNS & machine IP for MSS & MAS1, run audits on MSS and reboot both MSS & MAS. Followed that with MSS name change.

Prior to running analysis DCT to document new changes, I tried to open the VMSC. What I see is popup showing "Failed to retrieve list of Message Application Servers in the dcarvmdom voice mail domain (80010104) RPC could not call the server or could not return the results of calling the server".

After a while the VMSC opens and you see Voice Mail domains and the name dcarvmdom with a + sign but it doesn't open.

Can you delete the domain and try to readd it? Will the MM rebuild it on MAS1?

I would not delete it just yet. What procedure did you follow ? Did you change the DCOM info as well ?

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

We didn't check the DCOM. What settings?

We did use the initial hop hardware (servers on 5.2 SP9P3)and were able to change the DNS / IP / MSS name. We then ran a backup and restored this to the DL360G7 hardware. The VMSC opens and integration appears to be set.

We ran into another issue with MAS2. Creating an Analysis DCT from MAS1, we use this to add MAS2, using no previous DCT file. Creating MAS 2 we received error "unable to set system installation state".

I don't see anything on the Avaya web site as a resolution to this event.

Can you assist?

Does the vmsc open now ? I did not know you were change hardware so it should not be anything in the dcom.

On the dct
file you are using on mas2. How large is the file ? If it is over 7 k then you should not use it. I would start from scratch.

Ken Means

"I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have."
- Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Found out that even though the staged upgrade document includes the 2.0 to 5.1 upgrade is available that the Avaya group won't support it. The only document online is the 5.1 software is no longer available and according to Avaya that is all that is needed to say it is unsupported.

Had to do a new install on DL360G7 servers to complete our task.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back