Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMS Attendant on Electra Elite IPK II and EliteMail LX (for U40)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merenth

Technical User
Mar 3, 2022
US
About a year ago our voicemail board fried and was replaced. Unfortunately, instead of keeping the old compact flash that had the OS and information on it, we received a replacement that was previously used by a different company. When the tech replaced it, since we lost the greeting, they changed settings so we no longer have the Voicemail automated attendant set up, so there is no longer an opening message, directory, etc., it just goes straight to an all call.

I have inherited the problem while we go through the process of trying to convince management to get a new system. I would appreciate any advice on how to set it up, as all I can find in the Installation manual and programming manuals are how to set up the VRS or the actual automated attendant unit instead of the voicemail. I have a transaction box set up on the voicemail system to capture the data, but

I do have installer level rights on the system.

System setup is:
Electra Elite IPK II
KTS Firmware H1.61
WebPro 1.60.06
VMP(X)-U40 ETU running EliteMail LX v2.0.2.0

The "OPEN" box is usually the default AA instruction box. Within that you will see 1 key dialing. In there you can set up which key pressed goes where. Your phone system should be set up to DIT all calls to the pilot number usually 300. If you have a log in to the VM, call the system and watch the ports to see exactly which VM box is the answering box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back