Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vmquery

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikedaruke

Technical User
Mar 14, 2005
US
I need to know what date and time the last backup was completed on any given tape. Can I find this out with vmquery? The only field close would be last mount I think. If not any other way?

Try this
# bpimagelist -A -media -d 01/01/2005 -e 01/01/2006

Media ID Last Written Server
-------- ---------------- ----------
200240 04/21/2005 19:06 gilligan
200871 04/02/2005 00:16 ginger

Bob Stump
Just because the Veritas documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact

here is the usage of bpimagelist. You may find a better way to suit your needs.

# bpimagelist -help
USAGE: bpimagelist [-media] [-l|-L|-U|-idonly]
[-d mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-e mm/dd/yyyy HH:MM:SS] [-hoursago hours]
[-keyword "keyword phrase"]
[-client client_name] [-server server_name]
[-backupid backup_id] [-option option_name]
[-policy policy_name] [-pt policy_type]
[-rl retention_level]
[-sl sched_label] [-st sched_type]
[-M master_server...] [-v]

Bob Stump
Just because the Veritas documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact

Bob,

I am in the process of gaining access to use bmimagelist. What does bpmedialist do?

Thanks. Another question. Can you point me in the right direction to learn about NETbackup. I don't adminster it, but I want to learn about it so eventually I can. I was looking for books and stuff online. Any suggestions? I want to know how everything works. Thanks in advance.

VERITAS online documents for version 4.5 are available for free download at

VERITAS online documents for version 5.x are available for free download at

one of the manuals is for command line interface and you will find bpmedialist and bpimagelist man pages.

Bob Stump

Thanks again, Bob.

I have alot of reading to do now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back