Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

joehump

Technical User
Feb 11, 2003
US
I have set up a simple Call Flow in voicemail. All calls ring to Extn200 and when in Night mode goes straight to Voicemail. I have a generic box set up to play a greeting and then simply hang up. Problem is the greeting can be 2.5 to 3 minutes long and about every fifth call the system only plays a portion of the greeting and then hangs up.

Running 2.1(31) and 2.1(18) on the vmail pro. Also running
XP Home.

Any ideas??

I guess thats where the problem is.
Thanks

I have had the same problem on a XP Pro system.
I solved the problem with cutting the greeting into smaller parts, i.e. cut the .wav file into three parts and paly them sequentially within the same Generic action.
I think it is a problem in the 2.1 software but i am not sure on that.

I set up the same call flow using the generic action.
After re-recording the .wav file it seems to bu running ok.
I added a 2nd generic action which simply says " you have reached the end of the recording" and then points to disconnect. Has worked so far for about 4 days. The customer records the message everyday. Im not sure if the original file was corrupted or because of xp home or the ip office release. As for now it seems to be running OK.

Thanks for all the input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back