Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro to AAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTDude

Technical User
Dec 4, 2011
US
Hi there,

I'm in the middle of a migration from IP Office 9.1 to Aura 7.1. We have a lot of pretty complex modules in Voicemail Pro that would be a challenge to re-create by hand in AAM or as vectors.

Is there any mechanism to export from VMPro and import in to AAM?

nope

AAM comes from the older Modular Messaging and has backward compatibility for it's 'caller applications'. It's not exactly similar - it all programs through a Windows MMC snap-in

How much would it cost you to have a IPO Server Edition on VMware and the requisite voicemail ports? SM Channel Licenses on IPO cost next to nothing. If you have a lot of custom programming or any db dips or complex variables, then you're using the SMB version of what enterprise IVRs provide and reside neither in the PBX or voicemail.

What would it take to stick with what you've got?

Sticking with IPO won't happen. This was a decision from HQ....even though the IPO is only 2 and a half years old. We're replacing every local PBX globally with one giant Aura system.

Looks like I've got some work to do!

Wait until they see the difference in maintenance cost, they will wish they stuck with the IP Office platform.

Oh I know.......I saw the bill for purchasing Aura. Let's just say I don't think they got a good deal. They purchased it from the incumbent telco in the country we are headquartered in.

well, if you got DB dips in IPO, you're probably buying an experience portal now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back