Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro TFTP Accesss: Password BAD 1

quazimotto

Programmer
Mar 29, 2008
US
Greetings Guys,

I have a slight problem. In monitor, I keep getting this error message VMPro TFTP Accesss: Password BAD 192.168.20.254. I cannot access VM. Anybody see this and know the fix?

Thanks,
Quaz

In monitor, I keep getting this error message VMPro TFTP Accesss: Password BAD 192.168.20.254.

We don’t know what software version your on or ipo type.
so if you can’t access vmpro and it’s saying bad password,
Have you tried changing the password on ipo and vmpro to match.

What is 192.168.20.254…is it the vmpro

You have been on this site long enough to know you need to provide more details instead of a basic request.

This brings back old memories. It's been a while, but If this is VMPro 9 or earlier, then TFTP is required. It is possible that someone disabled TFPT as a security measure.
Check in System > Unsecured Interfaces and ensure that aTFTP it toggled on.

If it's a newer release then the consider that Avaya starting enforcing a 31 Character password.
Security Settings > System > Unsecured Interfaces on the IPO. Change the Voicemail Password to a 31 character string.

Then go into VM Pro Client, Administration > Preferences > General, and reset the password there to match.

Hope this helps.

In monitor, I keep getting this error message VMPro TFTP Accesss: Password BAD 192.168.20.254.

We don’t know what software version your on or ipo type.
so if you can’t access vmpro and it’s saying bad password,
Have you tried changing the password on ipo and vmpro to match.

What is 192.168.20.254…is it the vmpro

You have been on this site long enough to know you need to provide more details instead of a basic request.

Snowman,

You are correct. I should have given you more. Mea Culpa! I saw in an older post that IPGuru had the fix for my problem. I had hoped he would see it and respond. You know like magic. He did not. Travis Harper did and solved my dilemma.

Thank you Guys for the comeback. I appreciate your time and knowledge.

Quaz

Snowman,

You are correct. I should have given you more. Mea Culpa! I saw in an older post that IPGuru had the fix for my problem. I had hoped he would see it and respond. You know like magic. He did not. Travis Harper did and solved my dilemma.

Thank you Guys for the comeback. I appreciate your time and knowledge.

Quaz
Glad it worked! How about giving my post a Star. ;)

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back