Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPro R6 and GMAIL

Status
Not open for further replies.

xjswx

Technical User
Feb 20, 2007
US
I have been told that the voicemail to email settings will not work with GMAIL services.

Is this correct or has anyone had any success setting up a 3rd party email service to use voicemail to email?

you will need to setup the voicemail PC as a SMTP relay and send it that way to gmail and it will work

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

I have it working with IIS SMTP, just create an account at Gmail.
If you're dutch a have some movies from my setup on a VMware pc running WinXP/IIS SMTP/VMPro/outlook express. I use it in demos for new customers.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Ok. The problem here is that the sales person did not sell Server 2003 or 2008 with this setup. The VMPro is on Windows 7 Professional. Is this going to be a problem?

P.S. I should have mentioned that in my first post.

I am pretty sure you can load the SMTP server on that. you always could on XP. add in IIS and SMTP from the add/remove and see what happens.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

Well... I have been banging my head against the wall. I have tried all the configurations above, and some unconventional configurations and nothing seems to work. Any other ideas other than.... It Does Not Work?

Westi (TechnicalUser)
13 Jul 10 14:46
you will need to setup the voicemail PC as a SMTP relay and send it that way to gmail and it will work

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Westi... can you expand on how to do that or send me a link? I have tried and tried and tried again, but just have not gotten anywhere.

I know. I read that. It's just that all the information seems to be accurate. I do everything right, but it still does not work. I am wondering if there is a problem with the OS on the system. It was a rush job and they did not completely test/burn the software.

Can you send an mail from outlook (or outlook express)?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back