Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMpro music when waiting for other parties and first person to join conference - thread940-1770756

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takst3r

Vendor
Aug 10, 2011
ZA
Hi Guys,

I last posted a thread in September last year regarding Music on hold or "your are the first person to join the conference" when using VMPro as a conference bridge. See post from last year - thread940-1770756

Would like to know if Release 10 was able to do what I require below. With regards to " you are the first person to join the conference" would like to know if its available on rls 10 without using a counter to reset the value.

Hi Guys,

Need some guidance please. Ive installed ipo 9.1.5 on a virtual machine to be used as a conference bridge.. All working.

The client has request that music needs to play until the second party joins - Is this possible?

Setup:

1) user calls in and prompted to enter conference id
2) after successful conference id they are requested to say there name
3) After saying there name they hear music for about 4-5 seconds then they join the conference bridge;
4) thereafter they hear silence until the next party joins.

Is there anyway for music to continue playing until the second party joins.

T

simple answer NO
it is not a conference centre application but the ability to conference on a basic level.

You can use the built in conference ability and use the extension numbers as bridge number then all participants are put on hold until the presenter joins but no fancy stuff without real creative programming on your side and I have to be honest I would not know how to get this done.

So I guess you would use a different product. Google it to find a third party conference software that can integrate with the IP Office if you want to do that.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back