Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMPRO Migration to another server Contact Store Remains - CS Not polling new VRL

Status
Not open for further replies.

VikeshR

Instructor
Jun 22, 2012
ZA
I have an issue where I moved the VMPRO onto a new server and ran the new software.
I created the registry key on the contact store server and share on the new server.
The calls are not being uploaded to CS and seems like CS is not polling the folder.
The CS Server is on the domain and the new server is not.
1. Can this be an issue
2. Must there be any changes made to the DB when moving the VRL folder to a new location. (Postgres)
3. No alarms were picked up.

Did you share the VRL folder?
if not then CS cannot move the recordings.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Hello. Yes I did share the VRL folder according to the documentation.

by changing the VRL directory form one server to another, is there anything else that needs to happen. How will the database be affected?
I followed this below :
(\\[servername]\C$\program files......) or map the dir (f:\ eg).

Then create the key on the Contact Store server:-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\Directories - then in the Directories, right click, New, String Value and call it VRLDir - double click it and set it to the VM Pro server VRL dir.

Change the logon for the contact store service to use an account that has permissions to the VRL and restart the service.. Also, if its 64 bit, the reg key goes in a diff spot.. Don't have it handy..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Network Alchemy\Voicemail\Directories

Using the "administrative" default "C$" share is difficult. @allwright71 is correct, the CS service will need permissions to that share, which basically means an administrator account.

Personal preference is to share the VRL or IP Office directory and give a non-admin account permissions to read and write to that share.

I would imagine that the CS database doesn't care where the original file came from, only that the processed files are in the same place.

Thanks for all the responses, I manged to get it working, put the server on the domain and gave admin rights.
I copied the share path exactly from the properties, however I did not use the IP address as part of the share but the server name and all the recordings came flooding in...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back