Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VMpro License

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsv23

Systems Engineer
Feb 13, 2019
PH
Dear Guys,

We have R8+ Preferred Edition (VMPro) with instance 255 and has 4 additional Voicemail pro ports licenses.

My question is how many extensions I can record from VMpro?

Thanks,

The limit is set by the type of IP Office system to which the voicemail server connects. For an IP500 or IP500 V2 its 40 channels regardless of whether you have more licenses than that. The 255 doesn't mean that, it just means unlimited (or more accurately "as many as the system supports").

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks sizbut,

So for the license we have below, how many extensions it can record and save as wav at the same time? We are using a third party call accounting to play the recorded calls.

R8+ Preferred Edition (VMPro) - 255 instances
additional Voicemail pro ports - 4 instances

My spider senses are tingling. What's the actual problem?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

maximum eight calls can be recorded if no VM ports are in use for other tasks (call flow, User VM Access etc.)
in Manager you can reserve VM Ports for particular tasks.

Just wanted to check how many extensions it can record calls at the same time base on the vmpro license we have.

I think the 255 instances is confusing!

The Preferred Edition licence includes 4 ports and you can buy an additional ports (4 in your case).

This means you can record 8 calls unless the VM ports are being used as above from intrigant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back